Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Should Plus Size People Start Fighting Back?

OK my last post was about my crazy flight and how I was treated by Continental Airlines. But it raised questions to me about how discriminating companies are to "Horizontally challenged" customers who deserve the same rights as skinny people.
Let me explain a little further to get you all on my page. It sucks that I am an active fun seeking guy that enjoys all the things any other skinny person would. Let’s start with Amusement Parks like 6 Flags which I have been a fan of from when I can remember. It is embarrassing and upsetting to wait in line 2 hours then when it is time to sit in the ride of choice you find that you can’t fit? It makes me wonder if they got the memo that "Horizontally challenged" people come in to theme parks too. We pay the same price to enjoy the same attractions as everyone else and deserve to enjoy ourselves too.

Now I know some of you guys could give a rats tail about big people who experience things like disappointments when big people pardon the expression, try to fit in. But remember that we have feelings and are people too and should not be made to feel as if we don’t matter. I have even heard stories that some Airlines make big people pay for 2 seats if they are flying when it is so damn easy to just make a row or 2 with better and bigger seating for people like me who are built with a little more to love on. I am so serious when I say that corporate America needs to rethink their strategies and start including big folks into their designs or they will quickly start losing out on the potential sales us big folks alike can bring them. I also want to let store owners know that the next time I come into your establishment watch out because the next post I make might be about you! ALL YOU COMPANIES THAT DISCRIMINATE AGAINTS "Horizontally challenged” people remember this one fact. Big people’s money is just as green as everyone else and we are people too. If you guys feel the same way I do then express your opinion here and comment.

No comments: