Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mr. Meltdown Continental Airlines Horror Flight





(seats look bigger in this picture trust me!)
Let me tell you about my interesting experience with Continental Airlines. Where do I start, what should I begin with? Well it all started when I planned a one day round trip flight to go to NJ on business. I decided to book a flight with Continental Airlines why on Earth did I do that? Let me explain before I piss a few people off who live and love them. Now last time I checked I was a big guy on a diet trying to lose weight so before you guys start let’s get past that. The trip going was OK but coming back was a horror story. I was booked on the 3:45PM flight coming back to Atlanta that boarded at gate C90. The boarding time was at 3:10PM and the flight was leaving on schedule at 3:45PM and arrives at 6:15PM in ATL. Now here is where the fun begins!

I was at the airport on time at gate C90 at 2:00PM waiting with the rest of the travelers. I noticed after 3:15PM there was nothing going on to indicate that the flight was not on time. I knew there was a problem at 3:25PM when I saw that there was no sign of anyone making way to the gate preparing to board. I ran over to customer service finding out only that my plane was rescheduled to leave from gate C95 instead and have already left. To add insult to injury I could see my flight taking off without me in it from the customer service desk as the man pointed at the plane smiley at me. I tried to maintain my composer after the representative said well I should have came early. Did I not say I was there at 2:00pm at the gate for a 3:45PM flight? Damn!
Now let’s get to the fun part! This customer service representative was an evil man who just needed prayer! He gives me a new Boarding Pass that was scheduled to leave at 6:15PM on a Continental Express flight. Now after waiting 2 more hours at Newark Airport I finally enter the plane. The plane was shaped like a hot dog and I had to bend my head as I walked to my seating area. Would you believe this Jerk of a representative booked me in a single seat that was built to fit a small child who skips meals? I was livid but again I kept my composer not to come into the evil plot to piss off a fat man. Now the male flight attendant comes to the rescue and says what was obvious. Why did the representative book me in that seat knowing I was a horizontally challenged dude?

I looked over at this woman that was no more than around 145lbs and seemed to be holding her breath as she talked, I could only assume because of her gasping for air as she sat tight in that seat saying “This seat is tight for me so I know you must be pissed”. Well the flight attendant put me in the duce seat that was indeed a much better arrangement but being the fact that I don’t like public attention that was not good for my ego. It is bad enough I have to ask for seat belt extensions than to have to add to the pain of seats made to small. I will just have to book first class for now on or drive because that was not a great way to end a day 3600 feet in the air. Have any of you guys had any bad flight stories? Let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a bummer of a day you had :(
It's hard enough to fly now the way they herd us through security (making us take off our shoes, jackets, show all our personal gels and liquids), don't allow you to bring your own water, don't serve you a thing on many of the flights, and to have to worry about lost luggage ... without stuffing an adult into an itty-bitty plane!
I love the word you used, "Horizontally challenged"!
Hope you are comfortable at home now, probably having kissed the ground when you finally landed--3 hours on that plane? unspeakable!

Mr. Meltdown said...

Yes Laurie,
It was just crazy and I will have to admit, it made rethink booking another flight with Continental Airlines ever again. I will just have to wait on the complaint results I have informed them of.

Just another day for a big man in a little World I guess?

Anonymous said...

Wack son! Straight up wack. Some of them airline seats get a lil small dude, and that's messed up on missing the flight, they didn't even let you know!

funk dat